Bethlehem Select Board Backs $50,000 Grant for Safe Routes To Schools Project

The Bethlehem Select Board has signed off on a letter of support for a $50,000 grant that will go toward Safe Routes To Schools, a two-town project that has been several years in the works to connect Bethlehem and Franconia and schools within them along roads and bicycle trails. During their meeting on Monday, the board agreed to support the letter for the $50,000 T-Mobile Hometown Grant Program, which is part of a $25 million pot from T-Mobile to help jump-start projects and strengthen communities in 500 rural towns during the next five years. Congressionally Directed Spending will cover 80 percent of the Safe Routes To Schools project and T-Mobile will cover about half of the remaining 20 percent.