COVENTRY, Vt. (AP) — Classes were canceled at a small school in northern Vermont on Wednesday after several students were sent to the hospital for carbon monoxide exposure, officials said. Several students and one adult at the Coventry Village School were showing symptoms of exposure, including nausea, fatigue and headache on Tuesday, North Country Supervisory Union superintendent Elaine Collins wrote in a message to the school community. The kindergarten-through-eighth grade school was evacuated and staff called 911, she said. Emergency crews arrived quickly and some students were sent to the hospital for further evaluation, Collins said. Several students tested positive for slightly higher levels of carbon monoxide even though initially there were no detectable levels in the building, Collins said. The students were treated and released.
- Littleton struggles to keep its welfare budget in check because of high demand
- The Katelyn Deslandes trial did not happen this week