WHITEFIELD — Vaping remains a problem in local schools. White Mountains Regional High School recently had thermostats broken in nine brand-new, single-use restrooms because students thought they were vape detectors and tried to “disable” them. School Board member Herb Randall has heard from at least one student that vaping in the bathrooms has become a chronic issue. It’s not just White Mountains Regional. Half of New Hampshire high school students have vaped and 34 percent regularly vape, according to the 2019 Youth Risk Behavior Survey, the most recent conducted due to COVID-19.
- Newport Center man accused of choking a woman against a wall in the presence of a two-year-old child
- Governor Phil Scott appointed individuals to state boards and commissions recently