A local man lost his life in a fire on Monday. Vermont State Police Fire Investigators say a fire started in a clothes dryer in the home of Cabot’s Will Livendale. Investigators believe Livendale was fighting the fire at 1113 Cabot Road when he was overcome by smoke. The fire, which began late in the morning, quickly spread into other areas of the structure causing extensive damage throughout the home, police said. The Marshfield, Woodbury, Danville, Peacham, Hardwick and Cabot Fire Departments responded to the scene and helped to extinguish the fire. Livendale’s body was discovered and transported to the Office of the Chief Medical Examiner in Burlington for an autopsy and identification.
- Forty people on Friday were offered permits to hunt moose in New Hampshire this fall
- North Country schools have reported an uptick in behavioral and mental health problems